Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fried Spaghetti

. . . With Fried Eggs
(Down Home with Mama)

Hubby and I always look forward to having leftover spaghetti because it means that tomorrow night's dinner will be fried spaghetti with fried eggs. This is a yummy combination that my Mom use to make back in the good ol' days (when Chevy cars had large, fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror, skate keys were worn around the neck on a string, everyone wanted to be Annette Funicello.....but I digress) . . .

For those who have never heard of fried spaghetti, you simply must give it a try!
You'll need:

Any amount of leftover spaghetti (sauce and spaghetti already mixed together)
Olive Oil (or oil of your choice)
Shredded Cheddar Cheese (or cheese of your choice)

Over medium to high heat, pour into a frying pan enough oil to cover the bottom. Let this heat for about a minute or two. Add the spaghetti to the pan and spread it out so it can fry nicely. This is where I like to sprinkle a handful of shredded cheddar cheese over the top so it can melt in.


As if you were frying hash brown potatoes, turn the spaghetti now and then so that it becomes brown and as crispy as you like.


When finished, serve with fried eggs. Throw in a few biscuts and you are living down home!


Bon Appetit!

Aroma Fields Candles & Bath
~Marilyn's Silly Website~

7 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! first time to hear about fried spaghetti. I think I will have to try it sometime..looks yummy!

Melinda said...

Oh I have never tried this! Or heard of spaghetti and eggs even..But I will try it sometime! Thank you

WhiteStone said...

I've cooked fried (leftover) rice but not spaghetti! I'll have to try that sometime.

Savings for You said...

Yum! I never heard about fried spaghetti, But anything fried is so delicious!

Lexi said...

Hi

I'm Lexi from Link Referal, (lexiyoga.com)

I have a great script for you to use to add daily horoscopes for you site. It's a great way for viewers to come back every day. It's great for traffic.
Here is the free script: http://www.lexiyoga.com/free-horoscope-code

I think it will look great for your site:)
Please let me know what you think.
Lexi

Judy Nolan said...

This looks like comfort food, Marilyn. Yum! How are you doing these days?

Unknown said...

Wow! I had leftover spaghetti in the fridge as soon as I read this. Fried spaghetti was dinner the same night and Oh My! We loved it. It won't be the left over choice again but the main meal. Thanks Marilyn!

~Sandy
http://sandysgingham.blogspot.com/