Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It Sounds Promising

Met with the Oncologist on November 6th who told me that he believes this to be bile duct cancer. He says if I have the whipple surgery, I'll be "cured"...no other treatment is necessary (no chemo, no radiation). Sounds good to me!
Whipple surgery ("major surgery", he says...."bigger than open heart surgery", he says)....scheduled for Monday, November 17th.

And I'm scared.

Prior to the actual surgery, they'll do a laproscopy on me to see if the cancer is anywhere else. If it is, they won't bother with the whipple.

And this scares the hell out of me as this is exactly what happened to my younger brother last year. No whipple...they closed him up...nothing could be done. It was already too late and he passed away within 4 months.

If I don't die of fear prior to them putting me to sleep, I look forward to the good pain; the one that means I'm on the mend.

I am so thankful for all the prayers! Please keep them coming.

4 comments:

Debi said...

I see you had your procedure already.... I pray all is well for you! I'll keep checking back.

Jenni said...

Prayers for you.... I hope it all goes well..

Jenni - Australia

Chauncey said...

Your friends at bbest are keeping you in their thoughts and prayers. We're very anxious to hear your procedure went well and you are starting to feel better.

Giant hugs!!

Larky Lady said...

What a shock! I hadn't visited your blog for so long, but happened to today. Hope you are doing well now. Prayers are with you.